Sunday, June 14, 2015

Waiting in God's Time


One fine day in my class, before I started my lesson, I gave my students the bird's eye view of what they are going to learn and do in the class. All of them sat on the edge of their seats when I told them they would be seeing a funny video clip which I downloaded from the internet. Of course, I told them that they would see it at the end of our lesson (to take hold of their attention throughout the lesson proper). They eagerly begged me to show it immediately but I explained in a calm voice, "No. All of you must pay attention to our lesson first and after that, I will show you the video."

The lesson ran smoothly and they eagerly participated in the discussion. They managed to behave well in the class especially those having highly electrically charged batteries.hehe

Finally, the moment they had been waiting for came. They laughed off their heads while watching the video and they even asked me to play it for them for the second time and so I did.


Waiting is one of the difficult things to do, whether we're waiting for our turn, a phone call or an unanswered prayer. Most of the times, we become impatient and question why we have to wait for a long time to get what we want. We even dare to question God's abilities and intentions.


The way I see it is: God has a different time device which determines as to when He will give us something that we asked for. His ways are different. He looks at the whole bigger picture rather us paying attention to every details of our lives.

Therefore, we just have to keep calm and wait patiently until the right time comes. Besides, the feeling is inexplicable when you receive something you asked for a long time just like when you wait for the flowers to bloom or for the caterpillar to turn into a beautiful butterfly.

So, in times of waiting for something you asked for, you should never give up. You only need to think that God is still designing your request in such a special way that it would be perfectly fit just for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment