Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Four tips to prevent from losing your things


Have you ever lost your brand new shoes which you preserved for quite a while because you treasure them so much that you won't even wear them because you think they're fragile?

These are my Adidas shoes I recently lost at the residence apartment where I am currently staying.I just realized that I had lost them last Sunday when I was unpacking my stuffs from the huge carton box which I placed by the corridor.
http://www.famousfootwear.com/en-US/Product/32253-1030758/adidas/Grey_Indigo_Blue/Mens+Neo+Daily+Vulc+Low+Top+Sneaker.aspx
I was infuriated because of the fact that I'm in love with them. I talked to one of the security guards to go and and check the recorded footage from the surveillance camera. He simply gave me the nod approval that he would look into it. After that, I felt like something has changed from the way I look at the local employees in the apartment. I didn't smile back at them which I usually do whenever I meet them along the corridor. Totally pissed off I was until my view around me went murky.

After a couple of days, I eventually woke up from the unlikely resentment which I felt.

 There have been no news about my shoes so I just decided to let go of them. I was told to report the case to the head owner of the apartment, but then I replied, "I'm almost over with it. Maybe,someone really needed those shoes of mine."


Based from this experience, I came up with four tips on how to prevent from losing your things:
 

1. Follow your instincts.
According to Lillian Glass, Ph.D., we should not ignore the inner voice that screams at you when you feel something is not right. I already had the voice telling me that someone would be tempted to take my shoes if I left them outside but then, I ignored it.

2. Be proactive.
Think and act right away. I could have prevented my shoes from being stolen if I only had placed them into my room.

3.Trust no one.
This  especially applies if you are a new face from the place where you stay no matter how holy you think it is.

4.Do not put so much thought and heart to your property.
Nothing is permanent on earth. Earthly things can easily perish. Besides, we can't even take them to heaven when we leave the world.

By following these tips, you can minimize losing your things. If you lose any, the impact would be less disastrous. hehe!






1 comment:

  1. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete