Wednesday, February 29, 2012

For the Weary heart




Seeking for advice to calm down your weary heart?

“Pastor, please help me, I’m fighting depression.”
“Pastor, could you help me out with my problem I’m facing right now.”
“Lord, I need you now to give me strength in my burden. I am weary and weak.”

We often utter these words and seek counsel to our pastor and to our Creator in order to alleviate the burdens on our shoulders.

The Lord welcomes a weary heart and it stays true. (Matt. 7:7)

But sometimes, it’s only us ourselves who create our own troubles in life. We unconsciously generate problems because of what we value.

We have become preoccupied with making a living, doing our work, paying bills, and accomplishing goals as if these tasks are the point in life. They are not. 
(R. Warren)

We focused much with the things we easily see every day (i.e. money,bills,grades,fashion,gadgets etc.) neglecting the true important things (  appreciation of family and other relationships,food and health etc.) that should be given much more attention.


Furthermore…

There are times when we complicate our problems by rethinking them over several times.

We also keep on fixing our eyes on the negative side of all the issues that comes along our way that creates a drastic effect towards us emotionally, physically and spiritually.


Appreciate the small things.

It’s the small things that give us the greatest punch.(English)

and...

Don't feed yourself too much or you'll blow up.


No comments:

Post a Comment