Monday, April 16, 2012

How i Hated Mondays!!!





Are you one of those people who doesn't long for Monday to come?


I have been scourged by that feeling for two years but not until the word of God spoke to me a couple of days ago.


I used to spend my weekends staying at home sleeping and fattening myself with food in order to relieve myself from all the stress that have accumulated during the working days.





I had relief and comfort but when Sunday afternoon strikes, the feeling of idleness and worry comes for my weekend relaxation period is over and that I have to prepare myself again for the following days of work to come.I know a friend who rushes home immediately after the mass because he longs for a deep sleep and prepare himself for the following days. Hehehe!






I wished that weekends could have been more than two days!



I wished that there were 8 days in a week!



Yes I acted like a poor child.



But God showed His mercy to me.


The Easter celebration has enlightened me to celebrate each day for Christ is risen and He is always with me through my ups and downs. Every morning when I see the sun rises in the sky, it gives me hope and chance to correct the mistakes of yesterdays and live to follow his footsteps and not on my own understanding nor on the things I see. I leave all my fears, worries and anxieties to Him because I know that he comforts me and renews my strength 24/7. 


Praise God that he unselfishly gives us the sun everyday. How dark and gloomy it could be if the sun never rises again.


So now, let us welcome each Monday mornings with gladness and gratitude in our hearts for new opportunities are given to live by His example and not by our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment