Monday, May 14, 2012

When God gives more than we ask for...




This recent Mother’s day reminded me of how my mom was always generous when I asked for my everyday school allowances. Whenever I have projects, she would always give me money above from what I ask. She doesn’t want me fall short on my expenses that’s why I always have extra pocket money to buy ice cream on a stick.







God is so generous like my mom or like other moms , fathers or people out there. He gives us more than we ask for. His blessings are overflowing. I would not say this if I had not experienced it yet.





I only asked for an inch of his grace, and He gave me a mile of happiness, joy, security, and lifetime miracle.





Isn’t God is so generous or should I say more than generous?





When I recently read the passage of Paul in Ephesians 3:20, I felt like my jaw dropped right away on my study table.

“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,”
                                                                        Ephesians 3:20

The question here now is, why does God give us abundant blessings or prosperity?





There must be a reason behind it.


God gives us abundance bless others in return. When we bless others, people are able to see the grace of Jesus in us.

Proverbs 3:9-10 tells us to "Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops; then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine." (NIV)
Luke 6:38 tell us, "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." (NIV)


Now is the time to reflect and mull over the God’s abundant blessings you have received. 



Have you shared the bounty from God to other people especially those who need it most?



Maybe those extra incomes you have received are really meant for those hopeless people who are dying of hunger, abandoned orphans and widows.




They are still waiting for you. You may be even the last hope they have.



No comments:

Post a Comment