Thursday, May 24, 2012

When the Lord says No to your plans...



When I was a kiddo in the elementary, I wanted to become a policeman because I wanted to protect my country against the enemies of good. 


When I reached high school, I changed my mind and I decided to become a nurse because I wanted to help people who are sick and poor.


Before graduating from high school, my parents and brother recommended teaching as my profession for there are a lot of chances for me to land a job locally and abroad.


I finished Bachelor in Secondary Education Major in English. As soon as I graduated from college, I dreamed of working in one of the most prestigious high schools in our country.


 I applied in some of those dreamed schools but I was not accepted.


My first job was teaching Koreans with English as a second language.
Then, I taught little Koreans using the same international language.
During the end of my first year teaching, I got an offer abroad - Indonesia.


From there until now, I have been teaching little children (kindergarten) for nearly two years.


Honestly, I was so frustrated since the beginning of my journey in the realm of teaching with unexpected and out-of-plan target schools and students. All my plans for my future did not succeed. I asked why He put me in every circumstances and never favored my will to work in my dream schools. I was clueless and  I was just trying to be optimistic about God's will for me but deep inside I was weeping.


Then, unexpectedly, I was accepted in a big school. I was astounded and could not believe it was happening to me. 


How foolish I was, not considering the wisdom and meaning of my journey.

Now I have figured out the entire puzzle the Lord has given me.
I did not realize His plans working out for me because I was viewing every circumstances based on my own perspective. For without going through each jobs  I have experienced, my goal for a big school will be impossible. Each experiences I had, I was not aware that the Lord was just preparing me to meet my dream. I was not ready yet that's why He let me pass through a series of various working experiences. 


The Lord is so awesome and He really does work in a very most unexpected and mysterious ways!



Therefore,


When the Lord says no to your plans, trust Him for He knows what's best for you. View each circumstances on His perspective not on yours alone nor anybody else.





"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."
                                                                                                        Jeremiah 29:11




photo credit: ...-Wink-... via photo pin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment