Sunday, May 20, 2012

When your only hope fades away...



I used to write poems during my  teenage years. 
I wrote poems for the girls I adored in our school campus. They would love me to write them poems because they see a light of a romantic figure on me just like Shakespeare. They see a different angle of who I am.



But when I was no longer in a relationship with any of them, it started that I couldn't write even a single verse of poem anymore. With that I believed that I should be in love again to get back on writing poems and so I did. I believed that only for girls that I could write such sweet poems. I put my hope for them which is certainly a mistake granted.



Where do you get your hope to keep you going and kick your feet in this life filled with mystery and uncertainty?



What would you do when your loved one from which you get your only hope suddenly left you or passed away? Would you still have a reason to keep going? 


In this life full of uncertainties, there's one thing that I am certain with - the Coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.


He has become my eternal and living hope. He is the one whom I put my all my hope , all my strengths and everything with all I am now because He promised that He will not leave me in my ups and downs. I have believed that any problem is nothing for He will come for our salvation that is soon to come.










For God says,

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living HOPE  through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade - kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.

In this, you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith - of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined  by fire - may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.   (1 Peter:3-7)

 

photo credit: JD | Photography via photo pin cc                                                                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment